October 13, 14, 15, 2023
Make your own history at the...
The Madison County Bridge Festival
has been a time-honored tradition for over 50 years.
Each year on the second full weekend in
October, county residents gather under the brilliant hues of autumn to
celebrate their historic covered bridges.
The festival features old-time craft demonstrations by local artisans,
a wide variety of food, music and entertainment galore,
an antique vehicle parade, tours of the bridges
and NOW again, at the same time as The covered bridge festival..!!!
This will be our 5th Civil War Reenactment 1993- 2023.
7th Illnois Regiment in Winterset 2000
Make History at Winterset...
Still the very finest battlefield in the Midwest...
WINTERSETS REENACTMENTS FOCUS ON THE ATLANTA CAMPAIGNS
WHERE MOST OF THE IOWA AND WESTERN TROOPS FOUGHT!!!
WINTERSET'S BATTLEFIELD HAS OVER "3000" FEET OF EARTH WORKS
PLUS A MILE LONG RIVER ON OUR 200 ACRE BATTLEFIELD ALL
ON PRIVATE PROPERTY!
10 Good Reasons to attend Winterset's Reenactment!!!
10. Winterset has over 200 acres of private property dedicated for this reenactment.
9. Our battlefield has over 3000 feet of trenches, redoubts, earthworks and fortifications!
8. Cedar Creek runs right through our battlefield. Giving soldiers a natural barrier to cross!
7. The US/CS camps are separated on top of the high cliffs overlooking the beautiful battlefield below.
6. On the battlefield It feels like and looks like a real 19th century Battle ground!
5. The battlefield is located in a beautiful river valley setting and surrounded by thousands of trees.
4. Spectators are high atop a cliff over 100 feet in the air out of site out of mind!
3. Units can sleep/live in the earth works and really experience soldiers living conditions as they were in the 1860's !
2. Why reenact another volleyball court or city park event or festival? When your unit could be at Winterset.
1. We are reenactors!!! We know what other reenactors Want out of a Civil War Reenactment!!!